The last mile delivery is seeing disruptive innovation from new business models that address consumer demand for quick delivery, along with the introduction of new disruptive technologies such as drones and bots.
Last mile delivery, predominantly of parcels, has lately received lots of attention from business giants and from investors. As per McKinsey’s logistics report, the cost of global parcel delivery, excluding pickup, line-haul, and sorting, amounts to about €70 billion, with China, Germany, and the United States accounting for more than 40 percent of the market. And not only is the market large, but it’s also highly dynamic, with growth rates in 2015 of between 7 and 10 percent in mature markets (such as Germany and the United States) and more than 100 percent in developing markets. The biggest driver of this growth, not surprisingly, is e-commerce, which has shifted market share from the B2B to the B2C segment.
With the upsurge of e-commerce and etail, consumer demands have grown increasingly important in what was earlier a predominantly business-oriented parcel delivery market. Large e-commerce players along with various start-ups have recognized last-mile services as a key differentiator. Indeed, a variety of delivery options and the perceived quality of the delivery service are major decision making criteria for customers ordering online and hence directly affect e-commerce players’ success in the marketplace. Considering this, service providers are working hard to offer the best customer experience possible, especially by improving delivery times and convenience.
One delivery model that would dominate the parcel delivery market worldwide along with other upcoming and existing technologies is Smart Parcel Lockers. We believe automated parcel lockers will replace current forms of regular parcel delivery. This is due to cost advantages and the value created for the end consumer. Taking into account the growing number of e-commerce customers, this measure meets the needs of present and future society.
Smartbox is a global provider of smart locker technology. Our platform provides a wide range of smart locker applications that can be deployed in diverse industry verticals. Our technology offers secure, efficient, accountable and convenient package delivery as well as auditable asset storage while giving users 24-hour access to lockers and the ability to track deliveries remotely.
Smartbox helps create the highest possible value for your customers and your business.
Features and Benefits of the Smartbox Locker Technology
- Seamless Integration: With various integration tools, Smartbox software can be easily integrated with your software platform.
- Scalable Architecture: The Smartbox software is based on a scalable architecture that permits the business solutions to adapt to the changing requirements of an organization.
- Intuitive User-Experience: As the Smartbox software provides ‘intuitive’ user experience, its implementation becomes faster and easier.
- Information Security: The software keeps all the information and private data safe and secure.
- Remote Visualization and Monitoring: This feature helps in operating the system from any locations.
- Hardware Agnostic: The Smartbox software is hardware agnostic and compatible with any hardware platform that you choose.
Check more feature at https://smartbox.in/product.php
If you are curious to know more, dial +91-8882-760-760 to speak with one of our representatives or send an email to email@example.com. We would be glad to assist you.